Sunday, March 18, 2007

YOU ARE FREAKING KIDDING ME BLOG

So many great things are happening that it was only a matter of time when something was going wrong. I mean so far we had been batting 1000% so it was due!

But this is not an entire YOU ARE FREAKING KIDDING ME BLOG, as there is lots of good stuff happening with the building site. I'll have more on that later . . . but first you must endure THIS.
--------------
Everything was going swell. We were having our first showing Monday and we were spending Sunday tidying up (already pretty clean) and all was well.

Except DJ noticed that there was a ton of water flowing OUT of a drain in the floor. This happened less then a year ago and we called Rotor Rooter and he came and fixed the problem. You see the drain pipe goes very close to a maple tree and he was worried that the pipe was broken, but it was only roots.

All was cleared out and we should have no problems for at least another four or five years.

Last weekend DJ was doing some laundry and noticed the drain was wet, hmmmmm! But thought nothing about it.

Today she notices a LOT of water coming out of the drain and I hobble down (hurt my knee earlier) and we stare at the water. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT!

We ponder this for a while when she notice's the FOR SALE sign in the front yard and off hand says "isn't that about where that pipe is?"

I stare in disbelief at the sign. I play back how I watched the guy struggle with the frozen earth as he pounds his post smashing thing into the ground. NO WAY I say to myself.

I take a tape measure and measure the drain in the basement from the wall twelve feet six inches. I go outside and measure the sing from the corner of the house, 12 feet six inches! NO FREAKING WAY!!

This has not been confirmed by outside sources YET but I bet he damaged the drain pipe WHICH MEANS they will need to dig up our yard. ARG!!!!

NOTE - this is from the NEXT day - We called Rotor Rooter (RR) and they came and it was just roots and a bad coincidence. The OTHER people only punched a hole through the roots while RR completely scraped the pipes. PLUS - on the good side RR is a MUCH MUCH cleaner process. They have older equipment which is more dangerous, bigger and heavier BUT, cleaner!!

So now we're set to go, Every room has a different smell we have cookies ion the oven and a fresh pot of coffee!

NO NO not really - we did tour a house that did that once, they had EVERYTHING. Every room had a candle, they really did have fresh cookies AND a fresh pot of coffee!

So that is the news on the OLD house. The NEW house is a different story - WE HAVE A ROOF!!

I would go into details as I'm already bored with myself but it's looking more and more like a house.

I even had a friend of mine looking at it and we walked up the 16th fairway and both agree that it would be a very bad toe shot to hit our house from the tee.

I won't get into hurting my knee on the golf course, but landing with every pound of my body weight on my kneecap sort of does a number on that knee!

SO - here are the new photo's.

This was taken from our neighbors balcony. They have a BEAUTIFUL house. We sort of feel like Cousin Eddy (from the movie Vacation) moving next door.

taken from the study - if you look REAL close you can see a big smile on DJ and a worried look on Blake as he is always confused now!

This is DJ's dad who I MUST say - is a living Survivor of the USS Indianapolis "The Worst Naval Disaster in US History" and his friend Charlotte.


Looking from 16th tee. You can see the cart path.


And looking back from the dogleg on the 16th.




Rod and DJ - later gator.

3 comments:

adubya said...

I was going to say that Erik could probably hit your house from the tee box but on second thought I don't think he can hit a drive that far. :)

adubya said...

If I were to play that course would you provide me with beer when I passed by?
Do you get a golf discount?

adubya said...

Make sure you know where the sewer pipe is on the new house so you don't plant a giant Maple tree over it.