Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Skeleton's in the Closet!!

For the first time in this experience I think the house is WAY too small. I know it is only an illusion but now I see what others are talking about.

I was prepared for the excavation to look small, no problem. I was prepared for the foundation to look small, no problem.

But last night as I walked around the skeleton of our house I was filled with dread - it was WAY WAY too small. Had I made a horrific mistake?? My gosh, the computer room is the size of a walk in closet!!

I had to remember that I knew what the house was going to look like, we had toured a model of THIS house and we actually made one room BIGGER. So what was happening HAS to be only an illusion. Our house is having fun with me. House's do not get to play a lot and during this process I think they are enjoying themselves.

Can you blame them? I mean they have perhaps 100 years of protecting coming up, why not let them have their fun.

As we were walking up I turned around and there was Jenny (left) and DJ (right) and Blake (down) behind me so I had to snap a shot of my three loved ones!

Blake was pretty unsure of the ramp to the house as he had never been on a ramp, there is always a first time. HE did not understand the concept of ramps I guess.

I walked around to the golf course side of the house which was SLIGHTLY muddy and took this shot looking back.

Another calming thing was looking at the tee area I don't THINK we are in harms way . . . much. I go back and forth on this subject.

Wednesday and Thursday the roof goes on and that will chance the entire look of the house.

Things are moving right along.

Now if we could get some action on our CURRENT house. I have heard that if you bury Saint Joesph upside down facing east your house will sell faster. I think this is rather cruel. The thing is that he WANTS to get out of the ground.

I looked up to see what was up with Saint Joesph hand I find out he is the patron saint of Universal Church, unofficial patron against doubt and hesitation, patron saint of fighting communism and patron saint of happy death.

Roman Catholics also believe he prays especially for families, fathers, expectant mothers (pregnant women), travelers, immigrants, house sellers and buyers, craftsmen, engineers and working people in general.

WOW - dude, you got your finger in everything.

I still think it is cruel to bury him in the ground MAKING him work to get out. SO! Instead I have my cat buried facing North in the backyard as my good luck charm.

On a side point we think we will sprinkle Dixie's and Snickers ash's over Gabby so she will have company when we move.

Come back soon for exciting photos of our house getting a cap!

Rod and DJ.

No comments: