Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Excited I suppose is one word!

Quick update.

Saturday I was golfing and DJ had some extra time. So she cruised north to visit the Jenny in Columbus. They decided to go to the house an look around to see how he deck was coming.

It was a beautiful day, sunny and about 70 degrees and a little breezy.

I arrived home and the first thing out of DJ's mouth was "YOU MUST go to the house and look at the deck, YOU MUST!!!" It is the perfect day to see the deck for the first time.

I picked up my buddy and we drove north. I opened the door, walked through the house and onto the deck and . . . .WOW!!! I stood there, looking out over the 16th fairway on a perfect day on a perfect sized deck.


We were planning only to spend a little time there but we both stood on the deck for an hour basking in the glory. Watching golfers go by, watching where the balls were landing and just enjoying the moment.

It was at that moment when the house felt complete. For the first time it hit me that THIS was a dream come true. The house had always been wonderful but it was just a house, a very nice house but just a house. Standing on the deck it hit me that this is more wonderful then I had imagined.

Our Corgi had always liked being up high. Having very short legs I suppose being high was either going to be terrifying or something to look forward to. Blake seemed to love being above things.

So when we introduced him to the deck he walked out and circumnavigated the basically two decks (360 sq feet). Once all corners were sniffed he looked up and all of a sudden had a HUGE grin which never stopped while we were there.

We close in 10 days and move in June 2. Final cleanup is next week and appliances are being installed and minor landscaping is being finished (filling in and removing the dirt mountain) . The rest of the deck should be complete at this writing.


Our "old" house has not been sold but it's sort of on hold at the moment and it is not a problem.

Excited I suppose is one word!

Rod and DJ

No comments: